One-Day Follow Up Workshop
This one day follow-up workshop is for those who have completed the 4-Day programme, covering new content as well as revisiting topics from the first series of workshops. The workshop services the main centres (e.g. Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch).
5.1 Re-Introducing and getting to know one another
- Matching ELLP terms and definitions
5.2 Sharing of learning intentions and success criteria
- LI: We are learning to use effective strategies to support the oracy and literacy development of Pasifika students.
- SC:We will know we have achieved this when we can create our own strategies based on the models provided.
5.3 Understanding & ranking aspects of effective teaching and learning
5.4 Negotiating comprehension of target vocabulary: Bilingual Word Match for “I Le Malae Va’alele”
5.5 Using four language skills: Skills Flow ‘I le Malae Va’alele’ and “Orfie The Flying Fox”
5.6 Multilingual Word-Picture Match ‘Orfie The Flying Fox’
5.7 Understanding and using positional language: Picture Dictation
5.8 Listening for Mistakes and justifying responses
5.9 Using mini role play to produce language and target vocabulary: Say It!
- Revisit learning intentions and success criteria
- Complete oral feedback and written evaluation forms